«
Page 4 of 4 ▾
jmboiardi
jmboiardi p John M Boiardi
2.6K Post(s)
2.6K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted
Posted By: LoadingCosta

I agree. My fitnessgenes report was a bit whacky when it came to trying to figure out what exactly is the meaning behind certain genetic report.

I agree John. I think I was just reading into the diet so much due to this awesome cardioligist I follow on Facebook. He was actually going up medications and lifestyles in his recent video and blog post. He mentioned exactly what you believe in which is that he is a big advocate on trying to rely on healthy nutritional choices first before relying on any form of medication. The lifestyle he is a big advocate on is the mediterranean diet but he was not very specific on what type because when I looked online thats when I came acorss different types and was a bit confused. I know the one I follow does not take out poultry or fish but its not at the highest end of the pyramid. I still consume my chicken in majority of my meals along with the veggies.

The only issue I have today is due to all the meats around me are processed and its hard to find natural chicken thats not processed. Georgia sucks but hopefully once I move out of this state I will find a better place in either New Hampshire, Texas, or Florida.

I did want to ask you about chriopractic adjustments. Today I had my first appointment for my ankle impingement that is preventing me from doing squats and deadlifts. I am unable to get into proper ankle dorsiflexion and this leads me falling onto my ass when trying to squat down but if I raise my heels off the ground then I can squat straight down with no problems. He currently wants to try and work with me on this issue and see if we can fix it. I am just nervous because I am not sure if I believe in chriopractic care honestly. I do the banded mobilization joint exercises for my ankle and have been doing for a month but have seen very very little improvement if not none. Do you think this is worth sticking with or will I be wasting my money? I know its hard to say but I am just worried he might actually screw up my ankle more and there are no reliable physcial thearpist in my area that actually work with fitnes athletes.

Availability of healthy food on a state-by-state basis is driven by demand. Unfortunately, the SouthEast and SouthWest U.S. states have the highest rates of obesity and eat the least nutritional foods. You are a victim of the majority rules in a state like Georgia :-(.

NH will be the state where finding fresher and more nutritionally dense foods will be easier. FL and TX are just as bad as GA. The healthiest states tend to be in the NorthEast and the West coast.

As for chiropratic care, I do believe it is legit and does work if and only if the source of your issue is due to misalignments in the skeletal system. If it is due to other issues, it won't be as affective. Ironically, squatting with your heals raised is a better way to put more focus on the quads and is how many Golden Era bodybuilders like Dave Draper, Arnold, Franco, Frank Zane, etc squatted. If the chiropractic isn't producing any results after a month at most, then abandon it. The only option after that is a sports medicine doctor.

John

34 years of lifting and nutritional experience and resident "old man" :-) MS Athlete and past Super Hermanite since 2013.
«
Page 4 of 4 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .