Can't gain any weight 3 months bulk

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
JustinKristoff0
JustinKristoff0 g Justin Kristoff
11 Post(s)
11 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: October 10, 2017
Posted

Alright thanks Scott we measured my waist it was 31 1/2 now it’s 32 so that might not be to much.

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: JustinKristoff0

Alright thanks Scott we measured my waist it was 31 1/2 now it’s 32 so that might not be to much.

Yeah not much at all. Just remember a little bit of fat will be gained.. just got to make sure it isn't too much, so it's good you are keeping an eye on things 😊 

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
JustinKristoff0
11 Post(s)
Posted

It was actually a full inch. I am feeling a little fluffy and my mom who is a coach at Beach Body is suggesting I do one week of 'The Fast Metabolism Diet' which cycles a ton of carbs with no fat and a good amount of protein on the first two days then on the 3rd and 4th day it's more cycling then the rest is a lot of fat and a little bit of carbs and a good amount of protein. But, I am just wanting to lose like 2 pounds it's not really a cut just to boost my metabolism (I never use to eat good so my metabolism isn't very good especially after I tried to cut twice) So, I will do it for a week then go back to macros but instead up my protein intake cause if you could see my body from 155 to now I've gained some definition in my legs definetely so i'm probably 158 of now but the fat is so noticeable I'm on the bridge of looking like a marshmellow. I'm not into powerlifting just bodybuilding so I don't want a ton of fat but if you don't think this is a good idea let me send you some pictures of the change and give you more information on where I am at now because it's kind of hard for you to really see me you know?

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

It was actually a full inch. I am feeling a little fluffy and my mom who is a coach at Beach Body is suggesting I do one week of 'The Fast Metabolism Diet' which cycles a ton of carbs with no fat and a good amount of protein on the first two days then on the 3rd and 4th day it's more cycling then the rest is a lot of fat and a little bit of carbs and a good amount of protein. But, I am just wanting to lose like 2 pounds it's not really a cut just to boost my metabolism (I never use to eat good so my metabolism isn't very good especially after I tried to cut twice) So, I will do it for a week then go back to macros but instead up my protein intake cause if you could see my body from 155 to now I've gained some definition in my legs definetely so i'm probably 158 of now but the fat is so noticeable I'm on the bridge of looking like a marshmellow. I'm not into powerlifting just bodybuilding so I don't want a ton of fat but if you don't think this is a good idea let me send you some pictures of the change and give you more information on where I am at now because it's kind of hard for you to really see me you know?

Honeslty man.. I'm going to go ahead and say that's not a good idea at all. You seem to be jumping between cutting and bulking WAY too much, and there's a good chance it is messing up your hormones by being in a deficit and surplus so interchangably. You're only 17.. in my opinion you shouldn't even be worried about cutting unless you are obese. From looking at your pictures, you're far from obese.

You just need to give yourself some time in a surplus. Chances are you're still growing and you need to maximize this time to grow as much as you can - not just in terms of muscle mass, but height as well. Doing a cut isn't really going to help your metabolism.. doing HIIT is good for that and some foods can have a thermic effect which helps with your metabolism too - but the big one is having muscle mass. The more muscle mass you have, the more energy/calories you burn.

Also, cutting out all fat is not good at all - even if it is just for one week. You need a good amount of fat for healthy testosterone levels. But yeah post some pictures here so we can take a look and we'll go from there.

JustinKristoff0
11 Post(s)
Posted

So, I was not happy with the amount of fat I was gaining a whole inch in the waist wasn't very fun for me. I am gaining a TON of strength but no noticeable body mass. Here is what happened in just 4 days on this diet. I went from 161 to 156 in 4 days. Meaning most of my weight gain was fat I don't know if that one pound is fat or not i'll check tomorrow. I'm just confused on what to do here because going on that much of a surplus caused me to gain 5-6 pounds of fat. I am hoping you can still help someway when it comes to meal plan help.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

So, I was not happy with the amount of fat I was gaining a whole inch in the waist wasn't very fun for me. I am gaining a TON of strength but no noticeable body mass. Here is what happened in just 4 days on this diet. I went from 161 to 156 in 4 days. Meaning most of my weight gain was fat I don't know if that one pound is fat or not i'll check tomorrow. I'm just confused on what to do here because going on that much of a surplus caused me to gain 5-6 pounds of fat. I am hoping you can still help someway when it comes to meal plan help.

You need to find a happy medium.. if you want to gain size, you need to be in at least a slight surplus. Dropping 5lbs in 4 days wouldn't have been all fat.. in fact most of it would have been water weight.

If you really were gaining too much fat with 2700 calories, try 2500.. maybe that will have you at more of a 100-200 calorie surplus which will minimze fat gain. Also, try cutting your fats back to about 200g and increasing your fats above 100g. Maybe these macros for example..

Protein: 205g
Carbs: 190g

Fat: 105g

Total Calories = 2525

This is 175 calories less than what you were eating before.. but hopefully will keep you in a slight surplus. Keep in mind you NEED to take some time with your bulk as well.. just because you potentially gain a bit of excess fat straight away, doesn't mean it will continue. It may slow down over time, and ass you add more lean mass, that will in turn make your body fat percentage go back down.

Like I say.. the more you keep cutting and bulking so quickly, the harder it's going to be for you to see any significant changes.

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .