Im not a regular in the community, but I believe I will have to to get some advice and be more active. Today I am here because, I a little confused on what I am doing to reach my goals. I been training for 4 years but havent met my goals (I know might be doing something wrong), but I always training to trail en error and keep what I see is more beneficial to help get there.
Background about me since sometimes people ask before giving advice:
- 27 y/o
- 174 lbs
- Bodyfat - guesstimation 17-23%
- Goal: Fitness model physique
- I go to the gym to lift weights
- Schedule: I lift weights only Tuesdays and Thursdays (1hr max) after boxing
- Type: Trying to do strenght training
- I have trained for at least 4 years
- I go to boxing club to learn box
- Schedule: Monday to Friday (1-1.30 hrs max) before weights
- Type: Is an actual boxing lcub not a class so whatever the coaches need me to do to learn - for me is more as the CARDIO
- I am a rookie ( 4 months since I joined )
- Purpose of boxing: Cardio, fun and self defense (learn) - not to be a pro
- I can say I do follow Scotts videos and calcualtor to get macros
- I do know my macros
- I am on a deficit
- I try to eat 6 meals, on weekends it depends my schedule and sometimes a cheat meal when going out with le GF or family
- I can post a photo of what my diet looks like if needed
Now that You know about me here is my actual question and my actual struggle right now on how to benefit from both worlds to reach my goal. Like I described above my thing is bodybuilding/fitness not boxing, but I have to say that since I joined I love the workouts and the cience behind it, but basically is jsut for cardio, fun and self defense; yes, I do want to be abetter boxer I mean I do want to learn. MY main goal is to have that lean, fit physique.
Hopefully I can get advice from those people outhere that are bodybuilders, athletes or that do both. I have read about many theories how boxing and bodybuilding dont get along, others say they do, etc.
Here it is:
- Do you guys believe I can reach my goal described by doing both sports?
- Do you think my workout schedule is the ideal in terms of doing one workout after another? (i.e - 6.30-7pm to 8pm BOX after that 8 pm to 9pm GYM, this example is when I do both on tuesday and thursdays)
- Depeding on your answer from number 2, Do you guys think I can schedule a better way to train both or just one, basically any ideas?
- Do you guys think strenght training is the best to do when it comes to lifting weights while doing box or should I change my routine approach?
- Can I still be on my deficit I calcualted even if i am doing this two sports to reach my goal?
I believe this will be all hopefull I did not forget anything, or maybe after your advice I can come up with some extra questions to clear things up. I just want to note that I understand its all about goals. Like I said mine is that physique not to be a pro boxer, but it doesnt hurt to get better at boxing. Also another note is that when I do both sports on the same day obviously when i get to the gym i feel pump yes, i am sweaty as f...,but yes i feel somehow a little tired.
Well community hopefully this lonng abd boring post can get some feedback from you. I really look forwards to hear from you guys since I believe this community really helps others.