Skip to main content
«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
matt42van
matt42van g Matt VANDEWIEL
53 Post(s)
53 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: March 3, 2015
Posted

Well I'm probably not the best person to answer that. First off, I have never noticed that at all with the brands Ive noticed as far as a better pump.

With the weight thing, depending on the brand Ive tried I gained from only a cpl of pounds to almost 10lbs... but like clockwork once I cycle off, I loose that weight post haist...thus why Im not a fan of it....if I personally dont see any sustained results(meaning keeping the weight after the product is done), I dont get better p[umps, strength or stamina gains...to me its just a temp fix to look 1% larger with muscle mass to back it up, and is just a reason to waste money.

But saying that, a lot of people are big proponents of the stuff and swear by it. As far as I know creatine is one of the most researched supplements on the market, with lots of supposed benifits...they just are ones I havent seen. But I'm usually a sceptic with most things. (Ive also never noticed any notable difference when using the majority of supplements branded to make you huge, while others that have taken it at the same time and same duration praise the products)

Personally, I think with a lot of things, any benifits may be the placebo effect...which may or may not be why you notice better pumps...you may tend to study your muscles more when taking it, and with the placebo effect maybe you are becasue your body and mind believes it. Which hey,...if it works it works...no matter how it works...(if that made sense...lol) It just doesnt work for me other than gaining a few useless pounds.

Someone else maybe able to give you a more 'scientific' answer...but thats all I got...lol

Maestro1337
Maestro1337 g Rodrigo Vieira
13 Post(s)
13 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: August 8, 2015
Posted

How much time does it take to see the difference from creatine?I'm taking it for a week only 5 g a week.

crood
crood a Chris P.
467 Post(s)
467 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Train for a sport Date Joined: August 8, 2014
Posted

i go even as far as to take it on my workout days an never on my non workout days. And since i work out 4 days a week, i have always a steady input and 1day in the middle of wth week plus weekend without.

The body adapts perfectly to it. And if you make sure that after "off" day you take it prior to training on your next workout day you'll have it ready in your muscles again as well. ( given that you continously take it in this particular pattern and not fall off the train here and there) this basically keeps your body "Loaded" as well.

I take 5g.

I barely put on water weight and if it gets mostly away over the weekend. So i am guessing this method kinda works too.

And i agree with all others it took me also about 14 days and then the first effects started to become visible.

Don't know about the pump lol, i get only a pump when i produce it due to grinding reps over reps. But it did what it's supposed to do, to give you the extra edge for that 1 or 2 reps more. And helps a lot with recovery.

Some people are pparently non responders to creatine. I guess you'll find out soon enough :)

Admin + MS Athlete You will get nowhere, if you don't move :) - crood -
Dave_Diesel
Dave_Diesel g Dave Tabor
55 Post(s)
55 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: September 9, 2014
Posted

Some fantastic responses!

3 - 5g of creatine per day as any more will generally be excreted.

Avoid taking creatine prior to a workout, since it's hygroscopic and will draw water into your gastrointestinal tract and bloodstream from surrounding tissues or muscles, causing a bloated feeling or muscle cramps - the best time to take it is immediately after your workout.

Creatine absorption into muscles is increased by taking it with simple carbs like maltodextrin or dextrose (glucose), due to the stimulation of creatine transporters as a result of insulin production. Exercise also enhances the absorption and use of creatine, since there is increased movement of creatine transporters to the muscle cell membrane.

If you don't notice results, it may be your body is able to produce enough naturally and through diet, or that your body finds it difficult to absorb in supplement form - in this case, combining creatine with simple sugars causes a peak in insulin and aids the transportation of creatine into muscles by up to 60%.

Also bare in mind, not all creatine brands are equal, and lower grade products can contain creatinine, sodium, dicyandiamide and dihydrotriazine that take away from its purity - harmless in low quanitities, but reduce intended effect.

JoeHurricane
JoeHurricane p Jordan Matthews
1.5K Post(s)
1.5K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted
Posted By: Maestro1337

How much time does it take to see the difference from creatine?I'm taking it for a week only 5 g a week.

10-14 days, but it can also take up to a month.

Are you taking 5g per week, or 5g per day??

Jordan

SHF Athlete MS Athlete Partial Fitness YouTuber
Maestro1337
Maestro1337 g Rodrigo Vieira
13 Post(s)
13 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: August 8, 2015
Posted

A day of corse, I typed it wrong....

JoeHurricane
JoeHurricane p Jordan Matthews
1.5K Post(s)
1.5K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted
Posted By: Maestro1337

A day of corse, I typed it wrong....

Lol I thought so, just checking!! :D

SHF Athlete MS Athlete Partial Fitness YouTuber
«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .