Skip to main content
JNat26
JNat26 g Josh Nat
3 Post(s)
3 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: January 1, 2014
Posted

Hey guys!

I recently came across a new product created by muscletech and am on the fence of purchasing it or not... It seems like it would be a  gimick with the facts that are associated with the product but I'm not entirely sure....

I read some reviews on bodybuilding.com but still can't get a clear answer nor can I decide whether to try it out or not.

Any advice or opinions on the product and if I should go ahead with the purchase would be greatly appreciated.... Also, if anyone has tried it out, I'd love to hear how you responded to it!

(Apparently it delivers a compound called BetaTOR.... If you type "Muscletech clear muscle" on google, their website should pop up and all the information is there)

X
X
X
JoeHurricane
JoeHurricane p Jordan Matthews
1.5K Post(s)
1.5K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted
Posted By: JNat26

Hey guys!

I recently came across a new product created by muscletech and am on the fence of purchasing it or not... It seems like it would be a  gimick with the facts that are associated with the product but I'm not entirely sure....

I read some reviews on bodybuilding.com but still can't get a clear answer nor can I decide whether to try it out or not.

Any advice or opinions on the product and if I should go ahead with the purchase would be greatly appreciated.... Also, if anyone has tried it out, I'd love to hear how you responded to it!

(Apparently it delivers a compound called BetaTOR.... If you type "Muscletech clear muscle" on google, their website should pop up and all the information is there)

X
X
X

Hey @JNat26

Is this what you are talking about? http://international.muscletech.com/products/performance_series/clear-muscle/

My opinion is that it is a supplement. Therefore it won't do anything unless you are training hard, eating healthy and resting plenty already.

Will it give you a boost? probably, because it appears to be a type of pre-workout. One of the first things I would do if I were you is look at the ingredients list, and do some research about what the ingredients in the product actually do.

However, I find it hard to believe they had NATURAL ATHLETES who were able to put on 16lbs of lean muscle in 12 weeks. Generally, you can aim to put on about 20-25lbs muscle in year one, and 12-15lbs of muscle in year two of natural lifting. Putting on 16lbs of lean muscle in 12 weeks is near-on impossible if you are natural, espcially if you have already been lifting for a year or more.

To do it in 12 weeks isn't possible for a natural athelte. That being said, if you yourself are natural, I'm, sorry to say that you are unlikely to see the sort of results they boast about on this page. I'm not saying don't get it, obviously it is your decision. Just don't expect to get jacked in three months all because of a special pill. It is just someone trying to sell their product.

This is all my opinion anyway. As I say, do some research on ingredients and such before you try it.

Jordan

SHF Athlete MS Athlete Partial Fitness YouTuber
JNat26
JNat26 g Josh Nat
3 Post(s)
3 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: January 1, 2014
Posted

Yeah, I agree with everything you're saying & I didn't expect to put on that much muscle in 12 weeks!.. But, I thought I may have gotten some sort of benefit of it over creatine?

That's kind of what I was trying to figure out... Probably should put that somewhere in my article haha.

But thanks for all the advice, and your opinion! it actually helped! :)

jmboiardi
jmboiardi p John M Boiardi
2.6K Post(s)
2.6K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted

Hey guys!

X
X
X

Josh,

I will give you my honest opinion and recommendation: Don't waste your money. First off, this is just glorified and hyped-up Leucine - a branch chain amino acid (BCAA). Second, all the fancy terms like mTOR, etc are all just marketing hype. The cited studies give no details and most studies supplement companies use are suspect at best.

The bottom line is this: spend your money on quality branch chain amino acids (BCAAs) from Optimum Nutrition or BSN. The mTor pathway they discuss is legit but you don't need to spend money on their "hyper derivative" leucine bullshit. Good 'ol BCAAs will do the same thing and a lot cheaper. Most quality protein powders have enough BCAAs in them to produce positive results. Remember, supplement companies are in it for the money not your health or results. They need hyperbole and wiz-bang marketing to make their product stand out so you will buy it. They will use big words, scientific jargon, and bogus studies. If I read this without knowing it was a supplement company, I would think it was an ad for steroids as they do the same thing. 95% of the time what they claim is total BS or can be derived simply from a nutritous diet and plenty of rest :-)

John

34 years of lifting and nutritional experience and resident "old man" :-) MS Athlete and past Super Hermanite since 2013.
JoeHurricane
JoeHurricane p Jordan Matthews
1.5K Post(s)
1.5K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted

Yeah, I agree with everything you're saying & I didn't expect to put on that much muscle in 12 weeks!.. But, I thought I may have gotten some sort of benefit of it over creatine?

That's kind of what I was trying to figure out... Probably should put that somewhere in my article haha.

But thanks for all the advice, and your opinion! it actually helped! :)

Glad what I said helped @JNat26!

I would trust creatine over this any day of the week. CREATINE is to help muscle recover, help with endurance, and overall to improve your strength and muscle mass. But Creatine itself won't do that for you, whereas that is pretty much the selling point of this product - trying to say it is going to make you build muscle.

As @jmboiardi pointed out, stick with regular BCAAs, Creatine, and trusted brands for any supplements you are looking to add to your already on-point meal plan :)

Jordan

SHF Athlete MS Athlete Partial Fitness YouTuber
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .