Skip to main content

Bad Eatting Habbits!

How do you reduce/eliminate bad eating habbits!

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
jmboiardi
jmboiardi p John M Boiardi
2.6K Post(s)
2.6K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

Not really, fruits have specific enzymes in them that help your body digest the fructose (sugar).  Much different than just chopping on a tablespoon of sugar :)

I wouldn't swear fish off so quick either.  Lot's of cultures consume very large quantities of fish.  But I agree with John and his fish suggestions.  Grear job man, I love Salmon!

We'll I would say it is really the fiber that prevents the fructose from being converted to sugar in your liver as well.  Drinking just fruit juice alone is not good and would be more in line with what Gerry said. 

John

34 years of lifting and nutritional experience and resident "old man" :-) MS Athlete and past Super Hermanite since 2013.
SargeantPain
SargeantPain g Gerry Blais
6 Post(s)
6 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Maintain Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted
Posted By: jmboiardi

We'll I would say it is really the fiber that prevents the fructose from being converted to sugar in your liver as well.  Drinking just fruit juice alone is not good and would be more in line with what Gerry said. 

John

It all respectfully depends on your overall outcome.If your aiming for health(as health is priority obviously)then a few peices of fruit is beneficial as it does posses some antioxidants,phytonutrients,etc.If training for an endurance event or sports then fruit will aid in some natural and fast acting fuel to get you through your grueling workouts.....but if your aim is trying to get as lean as possble whether it be for own personal reasons or to step on a stage the fruit should be restricted if not elimated....trust me.

Braser
Braser g Conner Woods
54 Post(s)
54 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: November 11, 2013
Posted

Hello Sargeant,

While it's true, much of US crops are turning towards the GMOs, not all of them are that way and you can get organic foods from farmers that have touched the stuff. But GMO's is a huge controversial topic in and of itself, lol. But you're right, the more rw foods you have the better since cooking food destroys many of the healthy enzymes in them. But following that, a good share of our crops, particularly fruit, are picked before they're ripe and so they're missing a bunch of healthy enzymes that come with rippening on the vine. They get picked prematurely and sent over so they rippen during travel, but miss those good nutriants they'd receive had the rippened on the vine.

Anyways, I can't really say whether not having a no fruit or sugar diet would help with being lean since I haven't studied up on it. However, there are lots of beneficial things through sugars, especially naturally occuring sugars like you have in fruits. First, the sugars in fruits or candy like Scott was talking about earlier, if taken post workout, can help speed up the protein and other nutrients to your muscle. Granted you only need to increase your insulin levels to do that, so their are other ways, but sugars are the easiest and probably fastest way of doing that. But aside from that, as you stated earlier it contributes to your overall health, which I think should take priority over jsut being lean. If you're preparing for a contest however, that might be a time to focus on being more lean, but aside from that I don't know if I agree with cutting fruits out completely. But to each their own too!

Back to the original post, John did a great job in his posts giving you some ideas (like fruit) that might help curb those cravings! Or you can try and restrict your intake of those things till after your workouts like Scott said, which will speed the nutrients to your muscles. Also if you're body isn't as resistant to insulin change like it probably would be from eating those things normally, when you do eat them after workouts it will spike your insulin more, further speeding up the nutrients there. So now you have healthy alternatives aswell as a sort of "cheating" way to still have those foods and put them to use. The important part is to just stick with it!

~Conner

Personal experience.
«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .