Skip to main content

Are You Using The Right Training Routine & Nutrition?

Maximize Your Genetic Potential With MuscleGenes.com!

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
grhancock
grhancock g gary hancock
10 Post(s)
10 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: October 10, 2016
Posted

thanks for the reply. I will work on my macros but not sure what goal to start with. I want to lose weight from 205 to 195 or so but also want to build up my muscles. YOur advise would be appreciated.

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: grhancock

thanks for the reply. I will work on my macros but not sure what goal to start with. I want to lose weight from 205 to 195 or so but also want to build up my muscles. YOur advise would be appreciated.

if I were you I would go high protein and keep carbs higher on workout days and lower on rest days.

we can figure out your macros easy. Can you go to the @mealplan page and enter your information and let me know what numbers you get?

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
grhancock
grhancock g gary hancock
10 Post(s)
Posted

Here are my macros as you requested. Not sure if I need to use the fat loss, or lean muscle gain macros?

BMR CALCULATION Weight : 205 Pounds Height : 5 Feet 11 Inch Age : 65 Exercises : Moderate exercise or sports 3-5 days a week Sex : Male BMR at Rest : 1802.85 BMR in Motion : 2794.42 MACRO CALCULATION Goal :

Fat Loss Bodyfat % : 27 Grams of Protein : 1.5 Grams of Fat : 0.55 Calorie Goal : 2544 Protien Intake Goal : 224 Fat Intake Goal : 82 Carbohydrate Intake Goal : 228

BMR CALCULATION Weight : 205 Pounds Height : 5 Feet 11 Inch Age : 65 Exercises : Moderate exercise or sports 3-5 days a week Sex : Male BMR at Rest : 1802.85 BMR in Motion : 2794.42 MACRO CALCULATION Goal :

Lean Muscle Gain Bodyfat % : 27 Grams of Protein : 1.5 Grams of Fat : 0.55 Calorie Goal : 3044 Protien Intake Goal : 224 Fat Intake Goal : 82 Carbohydrate Intake Goal : 353

grhancock
grhancock g gary hancock
10 Post(s)
Posted

Not sure what is wrong with the macro calulator but if you see my two prinouts from above reply the Calorie goal for weight loss goal is 2544 with protein at 224, fat 82 and Carbs at 228. But when i changed to Lean muscle gain the calorie went up to 3044 but macronutients stayed the same.

Also from your video on meal planning and setting macronutrients am I suppose to take 250-500 cals off of the 2544? and what about the Lean muscle gain 3044, do I add 250-500 cals?

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Not sure what is wrong with the macro calulator but if you see my two prinouts from above reply the Calorie goal for weight loss goal is 2544 with protein at 224, fat 82 and Carbs at 228. But when i changed to Lean muscle gain the calorie went up to 3044 but macronutients stayed the same.

Also from your video on meal planning and setting macronutrients am I suppose to take 250-500 cals off of the 2544? and what about the Lean muscle gain 3044, do I add 250-500 cals?

I will take a look at the calculator.

As for your meal plan, lets go with the first numbers.

Calories: 2544

Protein: 224

Fat: 82

Carbs:228

I would like to see how your body responds to this for a few weeks. I will need to know what you noticed over the course of the next two weeks. Noticing muscle gain? Fat gain? Fat Loss? Energy levels. etc.

With meal plans it is always a guessing game... we use these calculations to try to find safe starting point. :-D

grhancock
grhancock g gary hancock
10 Post(s)
Posted

So do I eat the 2544 cal/day or do I subtract 250-500 cals from this number to lose weight?

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

So do I eat the 2544 cal/day or do I subtract 250-500 cals from this number to lose weight?

yeah I want to see how your body responds to the 2544 first. You are going to be training hard so we don't want you in a decifit just yet.

yatishchowdary
yatishchowdary g yatish chowdary
1 Post(s)
1 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: March 3, 2016
Posted

I sent a message for you still no reply :( waiting for the reply undecidedundecided

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: yatishchowdary

I sent a message for you still no reply :( waiting for the reply undecidedundecided

hey man! I just replied. i do my best. its free advice. no complaining if it takes me a few days

grhancock
grhancock g gary hancock
10 Post(s)
Posted

Ok Scott it has been 2 weeks on this meal plan as you suggested I start with.

I would like to see how your body responds to this for a few weeks. I will need to know what you noticed over the course of the next two weeks. Noticing muscle gain? Fat gain? Fat Loss? Energy levels. etc.

I have a very hard time trying to eat this amount of calories but have pushed hard to complete my macros. I have gone from 207 lbs, 26.3 BF to 210 and BF of 24.6. I look like I have gained the weight in my stomach and feel bloated most every day. Sometimes I have to eat into late at night to get my calories. I haven't made much progress in uping my weight during the PPL workouts. I guess I would like your recommendation how to continue from here.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Ok Scott it has been 2 weeks on this meal plan as you suggested I start with.

I have a very hard time trying to eat this amount of calories but have pushed hard to complete my macros. I have gone from 207 lbs, 26.3 BF to 210 and BF of 24.6. I look like I have gained the weight in my stomach and feel bloated most every day. Sometimes I have to eat into late at night to get my calories. I haven't made much progress in uping my weight during the PPL workouts. I guess I would like your recommendation how to continue from here.

Let's look at the positives Gary..you've lost almost 2% bodyfat!! That's great!! The reason you may feel that the 3lbs you have gained has gone to your stomach is this...

Because you have lost fat from other areas of your body, but possibly not your stomach, it creates the illusion that it has gotten larger, whereas it probably hasn't. Unfortuneately fat around the stomach tends to be one of the last places to go :(

My other question is did you weigh in at the same time everyday? For example, if you weighed in at 207lbs one morning, and 210lbs one night, that could be the reason you 'gained weight'. It could just be the food you ate that day. Does that make sense?

If you're having trouble upping the weights on your PPL workouts, try getting a spotter to perform some forced reps, and make sure you are getting some carbs in your system before you workout for energy :)

So let me know about your weigh in times, let me know if you've been eating before your workouts, and I'll give you some more recommendations :)

grhancock
grhancock g gary hancock
10 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

Let's look at the positives Gary..you've lost almost 2% bodyfat!! That's great!! The reason you may feel that the 3lbs you have gained has gone to your stomach is this...

Because you have lost fat from other areas of your body, but possibly not your stomach, it creates the illusion that it has gotten larger, whereas it probably hasn't. Unfortuneately fat around the stomach tends to be one of the last places to go :(

My other question is did you weigh in at the same time everyday? For example, if you weighed in at 207lbs one morning, and 210lbs one night, that could be the reason you 'gained weight'. It could just be the food you ate that day. Does that make sense?

If you're having trouble upping the weights on your PPL workouts, try getting a spotter to perform some forced reps, and make sure you are getting some carbs in your system before you workout for energy :)

So let me know about your weigh in times, let me know if you've been eating before your workouts, and I'll give you some more recommendations :)

Yes I weight every morning at the same time. Days fluctiate by 1-2 pounds difference. One day it is 208.4 then the next it is 210, then it will go down to 209 etc. Today I weighted 209. I think sometimes it couid be bloating do you know what would reduce this symptom.

I try and eat something like a banana or some oatmeail prior to workouts.

I have been working out every other day starting Oct 19 and have kept that schedule farily consistant.

Wilsin_Fitness
Wilsin_Fitness g Wilson Ortiz
20 Post(s)
20 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: October 10, 2016
Posted
Consistency is key. I would focus more on what the mirror reflects...pictures don't lie. If your working out hard then something magical should be happening. Make a photo diary and see. Kill weights! Have patience. Stay motivated!
https://www.tigerfitness.com/?Click=238284
Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Yes I weight every morning at the same time. Days fluctiate by 1-2 pounds difference. One day it is 208.4 then the next it is 210, then it will go down to 209 etc. Today I weighted 209. I think sometimes it couid be bloating do you know what would reduce this symptom.

I try and eat something like a banana or some oatmeail prior to workouts.

I have been working out every other day starting Oct 19 and have kept that schedule farily consistant.

Weigh ins are bound to fluctuate day to day. It depends on what you eat each day, what time you eat before bed, and how you sleep can affect your weigh in as well.

I think with your current macros you are on the right track. After all, losing 2% body fat in 2 weeks is pretty good!! And you might have replaced some of that fat with muscle which could also be why your weight is slightly 'up'. But even then it's likely just a fluctuation.

Stick with it for another two weeks and come back with your results. And like Wilson said, check mirror progress as well. It takes time to notice changes, but they will happen! :-)

grhancock
grhancock g gary hancock
10 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

Weigh ins are bound to fluctuate day to day. It depends on what you eat each day, what time you eat before bed, and how you sleep can affect your weigh in as well.

I think with your current macros you are on the right track. After all, losing 2% body fat in 2 weeks is pretty good!! And you might have replaced some of that fat with muscle which could also be why your weight is slightly 'up'. But even then it's likely just a fluctuation.

Stick with it for another two weeks and come back with your results. And like Wilson said, check mirror progress as well. It takes time to notice changes, but they will happen! :-)

I will continue as you suggested. I would also like to ask you what your daily meals are since your goal and macros are very much the same as mine. I am continually trying to make my macros daily and find it hard to find things to eat making it easier to reach them. I eat lots of eggs, turkey, beef, protein bars, whey protein, high protein milk among other things. I just find it hard to reach the calories and reach my macros equally.

This would be very helpful going forward.

Just a note, I have had to back off exercise for a few days this week due to extreme back problems. Hope it won't set me back too much.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

I will continue as you suggested. I would also like to ask you what your daily meals are since your goal and macros are very much the same as mine. I am continually trying to make my macros daily and find it hard to find things to eat making it easier to reach them. I eat lots of eggs, turkey, beef, protein bars, whey protein, high protein milk among other things. I just find it hard to reach the calories and reach my macros equally.

This would be very helpful going forward.

Just a note, I have had to back off exercise for a few days this week due to extreme back problems. Hope it won't set me back too much.

Try making your carb sources almost double as protein sources as well. For example, if you eat something like oatmeal or pasta, while it's primarily a carb source, it also has a decent enough amount of protein. I'm guessing protein is your main concern? You can also have things like skim milk for a good protein boost.

I do have a full day of eating video in the @Exclusive section if you're looking for more ideas.

Hope that helps and hope your back feels better soon!

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .