Skip to main content
«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
jorgeegroj
jorgeegroj g Jorge Villarreal
106 Post(s)
106 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: January 1, 2017
Posted

As far as your routine, the biggest issue I have with it is that I hate the PPL where push = chest/tri/shoulders, simply because in your push workouts you're doing 2-3 chest exercises, 3 tricep and 2-3 shoulder exercises, but that does not do enough for mine to grow. I like hitting my muscle groups with 4-6 exercises, so my PPL workouts would just be way too long. I usually just make it chest+tri and then shoulder+tri or chest+tri and chest+shoulder, depending on what I'm lagging behind on, and lately I've just separated all of it into Chest / Shoulders / Arms, which works pretty nicely for me. Maybe give that a try if you start feeling like your shoulders/chest are lagging behind.

I would also personally switch my barbell OHP into push B (I like overloading my barbell movements), and it's tough to do bench (overload) and then incline (overload), I can only imagine what would happen if I threw OHP (overload) at the end. I would just switch it with Push B's DB Shoulder Press so that you can actually have a bit more of a strength focus (if that's something you're interested in).

The rest of the routine is a pretty standard PPL routine, so there's not much to look into, it's a proven method but it does have the drawback of not building much strength (which is something I'm really into, especially right now that I'm bulking, we'll see how it goes when I cut, I'll probably end up at a PPL again lol)

Frat bro turned barbell boss. Two black belts. (Tae-Kwon-Do and Ai-Ki-Do)
«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .